At this school, you will learn how to develop a lending philosophy that can lead to better loan decisions, more loan opportunities, and increased profitability. You will discover how to use the credit report to capture more loan opportunities and build member loyalty; gain knowledge of how credit scores are calculated and what impacts the credit score; discover the best way to analyze the credit report to better assess risk; learn how to evaluate risk and make better loan decisions; understand the correct way to analyze a member’s total debt ratio; recognize and analyze bankruptcy indicators; and determine the best approach to close your loans to make sure you maintain preferred payment status with your members!
Agenda -Day One
• Explore a lending philosophy that can lead to more loan opportunities and better loan decisions
• Learn how to analyze a credit report to determine what is impacting score
– Discover which items are not included in the credit score
– Evaluate what can hurt or improve a score
• Discover how you can use the credit report to build member loyalty and capture more loan opportunities
• Gain knowledge of how credit scores are calculated
• Find the best approach to teaching your members how to improve their score
• Learn how to capture more loan opportunities with a “FREE credit score analysis”
• Discover the correct way to analyze risk factors in the credit report
• Understand the correct way to analyze a member’s total debt ratio
• Explore ways to engage your members and build stronger relationships
• Review and analyze (before and after) credit reports with credit scores that were increased through the credit score analysis process
Agenda - Day Two
• Determine the right approach to have when underwriting member loan applications
• Understand the guidelines for secured and unsecured lending
• Learn how to evaluate risks and make better loan decisions
• Find out how to underwrite higher-risk loans
• Discover the predictors of bankruptcy
• Determine the best approach to close your loans
• Put into practice your knowledge to help your members and make better loan decisions (Classroom Exercise: Analyze credit reports to determine credit score and identify risk factors to make better loan decisions)
Who Should Attend
This two-day lending school is designed for management, lending managers, loan officers (veterans and new) MSRs, and collection staff.
Celeste C. Cook: Speaker, Trainer, and Consultant
Celeste is founder and President/CEO of cuStrategies, LLC, which provides strategic planning services, consulting services, and training programs to the credit union industry. Her dynamic and engaging speaking style have also made her a popular and sought-after speaker in the credit union industry.
Celeste has worked in the credit union industry for 20+ years and has been a professional speaker and trainer for more than 15 years. She previously worked for a $1.6 billion credit union in Atlanta, Georgia, and worked as a consultant and trainer with Rex Johnson of Lending Solutions Consulting.
Celeste conducts training programs/schools in lending, business development, leadership, and sales and service. She brings to you her credit union expertise, experience, and proven strategies as well as her passion and dynamic speaking style that is engaging and filled with positive energy!!!
Early-bird educational investment is $549 per person if registered before May 1. After May 1, the rate increases to $649 per person. This fee includes all materials, speaker fees, meals and refreshment breaks.
Schedule for both days
8:30 am Registration/refreshments
9 am Session Begins
Noon Group Lunch
4 pm Conclude for the day
A limited number of scholarships will be made available to credit unions from the Missouri Credit Union Charitable Foundation. Please complete the scholarship application by Wednesday, April 18, 2012. You can find the scholarship application at:
Suggested attire is business casual. Due to room temperature fluctuating, it would be a good idea to bring a lightweight jacket or sweater.
Cancellation Policy: Substitutions accepted anytime. Refunds will be issued until May 1. Send cancellation notice to email@example.com or fax to (314) 542-1312.
June 6th, 2012 8:30 AM through June 7th, 2012 4:00 PM