Mortgage Loan Officer: Assemblies of God Credit Union
Provide information on credit union products and services to members according to all credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations. Interview all applicants for real-estate loans.
Prepare, analyze, process, and document all required forms and related documentation for real-estate loans. Approve or deny loan applications based on analysis of each applicant’s background. Operate under moderate credit authority. Promote credit union products and services.
1. Develop mortgage loan business through member seminars and calls to realtors, contractors and other institutions.
2. Establish and monitor control procedures for first-mortgage loan portfolio.
3. Ensure mortgage loan policies, services, products and documentation meet Federal and State regulations.
4. Interview loan applicants and assist members with the loan application process.
5. Responsible for loan from application to purchase
6. Obtain and evaluate credit bureau reports on applicants.
7. Pull credit reports for all accounts, verify debts and estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application.
8. Ensure each real-estate loan is processed accurately.
9. Prepare mortgage loan application and document packet for closing.
10. Pay title company fees for title searches, legal work, and appraisals.
11. Develop marketing plans for all mortgage products.
12. File necessary papers with the state land title for mortgages.
13. Assure that the mortgage loan product is best option for the member.
14. Perform any additional duties/activities assigned by manager.
Work with the employees in your division/department as a team to problem solve, streamline workflow, and otherwise work together to reach the goals set for your division, as well as other AGCU employees.
- High School Diploma
- Experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows
PERSONAL QUALITIES NEEDED
- Good people/relational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Chief Financial Officer: Quest Credit Union (Topeka , KS)
A rapidly growing credit union with nearly $500 million in assets located in Topeka, KS seeks an accomplished leader to join their winning team and direct overall financial operations. Our organization is committed to those we serve and to our team members while ensuring solid financial management.
This position serves as a member of the executive management team. Responsibilities include oversight of all financial statement compilation and reporting, as well as management of investments and ALM activities for the $200 million portfolio. The qualified candidate for this newly-created position will have strong interest and familiarity with regulatory environments, as well as proven abilities to perform in-depth analysis and evaluation. The position also requires a significant level of diplomacy and trust in order to obtain cooperation and motivate and influence others.
A bachelor’s degree and five to ten years of experience in a similar senior leadership role in the banking/financial industry is required. A graduate degree and/or CPA designation is preferred. Individuals wishing to apply should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Director, Office of Small Credit Unions/Field Representative: Missouri Credit Union Association
Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) is seeking a full-time employee to foster relationships between member credit unions and MCUA. Provides support, advice and guidance to credit unions on all facets of credit union operations and promotes the Association’s products and services that benefit credit unions.
Bachelor degree in business, finance marketing/sales or related field or work experience that demonstrates a skill level equal to management of a mid-sized credit union. Demonstrated knowledge of credit union financials and key ratios is required. Experience with regulatory compliance, the audit and exam processes and planning experience are desired. Excellent communication, operational abilities, sales abilities and public speaking skills. Effective organizational skills, time management and initiative. Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet skills required.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary history via email or to Missouri Credit Union Association, Attn: Human Resources, 2055 Craigshire Rd, St. Louis, MO 63146.
Member Service Representative: Health Care Family Credit Union
Health Care Family Credit Union is looking for an experienced Member Service Representative.
Qualified candidate will have an outgoing personality and the desire to provide excellent service to our members. Experience with new accounts, loans, certificates, etc. will be helpful. The ability to solve problems with a smile is a must.
This is a full time position and some Saturdays are required. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package which includes life insurance, medical insurance including health and dental, company subsidized HSA plan, paid holidays, paid time off, and a great 401(k) plan. We also offer a tuition reimbursement plan.
The position is available immediately. Interested candidates can submit a resume via email.
Debit/Credit Fraud Analyst: Neighbors Credit Union
Neighbors Credit Union is one of the largest and strongest credit unions in Missouri. At Neighbors, you will be part of a team that always puts people before profits. It is a place where our members and their dreams come first. We are accepting internal applications for an immediate opening for a Card Services Associate.
As a Card Services Associate you must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualified candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to provide professional and courteous service to all members and employees. This candidate must have the ability perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle account inquiries for credit and debit cards from cardholders and branch staff
- Enter new credit card and business card applications
- Monitor debit card personalization system and complete process
- Post daily debit card exceptions to accounts
- Process necessary debit/credit card transactions and maintenance
- Accepts, verifies and processes VISA card blocks and/or documentation regarding Lost/Stolen cards
- Scans new accounts, file maintenance and other important documents
- Performs other duties as assigned
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required, 2-3 years of experience in the card, lending or collection area in a credit union or other financial institution is preferred.
Requirements to work some Saturdays (with a comp day through the week), proficient with 10 key calculator, have excellent organizational, written communication, interpersonal communication and prioritization skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills would be essential in this position.
Total compensation includes competitive base pay, medical, dental, life insurance, 401K with matching funds, voluntary products, paid vacation time, paid sick time and paid holidays.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume via email and include your resume and salary requirements. You may also stop by one of our branches and fill out an employment application. No phone calls please.
Collection Manager: Neighbors Credit Union
Neighbors Credit Union is a full service financial institution offering products and services to the St. Louis metro area. We have assets in excess of $300 million.
We are currently seeking a Collection Manager to join our team. The right individual will help us manage the collection of our growing loan portfolio. If you possess excellent management skills and expertise in the area of collections, this position may be for you. This position will be located at our main branch, 6300 South Lindbergh, St. Louis, MO 63123.
This position is responsible for supervising employees and managing the daily activities of the collection department. The primary role of this position is to manage effective delinquency control and follow up program for all loans including consumer, real estate and credit card accounts that are late, delinquent, potentially delinquent, or charged off. The Collection Manager (also known as Member Solutions Manager) also protects the assets of the credit union.
This position requires the ability to make decisions and supervise subordinates effectively. The ideal candidate must have the ability to institute appropriate activities to minimize the amount of charge off and uncollectable debts according to set goals. Effective and efficient collection procedures for all loan accounts should be maintained, and ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations, internal policies and collection procedures.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of five years of collection experience with a minimum of three years of management experience. A bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent working knowledge. Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills plus the ability to lead a team are a must. Must be motivated, a self-starter, have an in-depth understanding of and ability to interpret regulations affecting collections. Other skills necessary to be successful:
- Excellent customer service and conversation skills
- Possess superior analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge in the usage of appropriate software applications including Microsoft Office, including expertise in Excel to track, communicate and prepare necessary reports
For a full listing of the job, please visit our website.
We are looking for the right person to join the Neighbors team.
Neighbors offers a competitive salary and incentive, benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, voluntary products and 401k with matching funds, paid vacation time, paid sick time, paid holidays and paid personal time.
If you are a person who finds satisfaction in helping members achieve their dreams, then Neighbors is the right place for you! Here you belong
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your related experience, your resume and salary history or salary requirements via email.
EOE – No phone calls please
Cell Center Manager: Mainstreet Credit Union (Lenexa, KS)
Mainstreet Credit Union is seeking an experienced leader to transform its call center operation. The position will serve the credit union membership by planning and implementing call center strategies and operations, improving systems and processes, managing staff and overseeing consumer loan processing of applications through the call center operation. Responsible for meeting call center objectives and accomplishing organizational goals.
Interested individuals send resume via email.
First Community Credit Union
Electronic Service Representative- Chesterfield
There is an immediate entry level opening in the Electronic Services Department. The ideal candidate will need to possess excellent credit union knowledge, ability to communicate effectively with members and co-workers, strong analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills, proficiency with technology across multiple platforms, ability to learn quickly, and capability to work at a fast pace.
Some of the daily responsibilities include; answering phones and chats to assist members, data entry and formatting, supporting Apple Pay and CardNav programs, learning about new emerging technologies along with various other departmental duties.
The hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If you work a Saturday, you would receive a day off during the week. Must be flexible to work a rotating schedule.
eCommerce Representative - Chesterfield
There is an immediate entry level position in our eCommerce Department for a Digital Banking Representative/Online Fraud Analyst. The position handles a high volume of in-bound calls, chats and emails related to troubleshooting basic online and mobile banking issues. Daily routine tasks include but are not limited to bill pay research, mobile deposit processing, new account opening, contacting vendor support when required, and mitigating online fraud.
The ideal candidate must possess good multitasking and communication skills, effective reasoning and problem solving abilities, and basic knowledge of technology including tablets, smartphones, and general browser functions. Must be well organized, friendly, and have an outgoing personality. Experience with Microsoft Office and stable work history is preferred.
The hours are 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, with a rotation that includes working late Friday hours (9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) and Saturday (8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.). If you are scheduled to work a Saturday you will receive a day off during the week.
Lending Representative - Chesterfield
There is an immediate entry level opening in the Lending department at our Chesterfield location. Job responsibilities include answering questions, taking loan applications, setting up loan closings and matrix approving loans. The ideal candidate must be well organized, have good communication skills, have an upbeat attitude and a strong knowledge of our loan products.
The hours would include Monday -Friday 10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. Whenever you work a Saturday you receive a day off during the week.
Collections Representative - Chesterfield
There is an immediate entry level opening in the Collections department for a full-time collector at our Chesterfield location. Job duties would include calling on past due accounts, knowledge of the Summit system, proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel programs and various other tasks. The ideal candidate will be well organized, detail oriented and have excellent communication skills.
The hours are Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and would include some weekends. If working a Saturday, the hours are 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and the employee will receive a day off during the week.
Mortgage Clerk - Chesterfield
There is an immediate opening in our Mortgage department at our Chesterfield location. The Mortgage Processing Clerk will be the liaison between our member and the processor answering questions regarding the status of the member's mortgage file. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to answering incoming calls, assisting members with questions regarding mortgage products and rates, verification of documents such as appraisals, flood verifications, member employment and income. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of our mortgage products and procedures.
The hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m. and occasional Saturdays as needed from 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Call Center Representative - Chesterfield
There is an immediate opening in our Call Center, located at our corporate office in Chesterfield. Duties include answering inbound calls, basic financial transactions, as well as opening new accounts, CDs, and IRAs. The ideal candidate will enjoy helping people and have great communication skills. Must be friendly and have an outgoing personality.
The hours are 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and Saturday 8:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If working a Saturday the employee will receive a day off during the week.
Commercial Credit Analyst - Chesterfield
We are looking for a Commercial Credit Analyst at our corporate office in Chesterfield. This individual will review credit data to evaluate business loan requests, identify and analyze sources of financial information to determine profitability of loans and evaluate sources of collateral. Applicants must have working knowledge of reading and understanding financial statements/tax returns, be familiar with credit analysis in a financial institution and have the ability to communicate effectively with current or prospective clients. 2+ years commercial underwriting experience in banking is required
The hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Back Office Assistant: Central Communications Credit Union
Provides back office support in the daily electronic processing of Share Draft clearings, Automated Clearing House (ACH), Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), ATM/Debit cards and any other electronic service provided to our members. Recommends changes or upgrades or new products that meet the dynamic needs of the credit union. Serves as an assistant for the dynamic needs of the credit union.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and run reports for morning processing including all of the ACH, transfers and G/L posting/balancing. This is a short list not to exclude other required reports.
- Experience with maintenance of all computer hardware, software, system tools and peripherals such as printers, scanners and other external devices Evaluate, design and enhance new systems, applications, networks, or other technology tools that support credit union growth, enhance services to members, and provide efficient processes for employees.
- Understanding the processing and reporting of debit cards and credit cards and process applications, update, disputes, PIN requests, theft or loss recovery.
- Experience with Design, development, and maintaining of web content on existing internet sites and the ability to
- Maintain awareness of changing trends in technology and regulations in the credit union industry that might affect the department and act as required.
- Ability to become familiar with all aspects of retail banking and act as the chief support for online and mobile banking. Maintain and support the credit unions intranet (Share Point) insuring that content is accurate, timely and consistent with policies and procedures.
- Work with the President and Office Manager in setting short and long term technology plans that promote credit union growth and enhance service to members.
- Maintain a through working knowledge of credit union history and philosophy, as well as policy and procedures.
- Communicate best practices for creative design and content management for internal customers.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a college or a technical school, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 months of related experience. Proven customer service and problem solving skills, providing remote support services.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and advanced in Excel
The Credit Union is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Mya Gray @ 816-842-0727. Central Communications Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.
Loan Clerk: KC Terminal Employees Federal Credit Union
Two years minimum experience in Bank or Credit Union, bilingual (English/Spanish), committed to the success of our Credit Union, minimum one year granting credit, customer service or teller area, salary based on experience. Send resume via email or mail to: KC Terminal employees FCU/ Guadalupe Center 1015 Avenida Cesar E Chavez, Kansas City, MO 64108 ATT: Ismael Gallegos.
CAJERO DE PRÉSTAMO
Dos años mínimo de experiencia en Banco o Credit Unión, bilingüe (Ingles/Español), dedicado al éxito de nuestra Credit Unión, mínimo un año en concesión de crédito, servicio al cliente o en area de cajero. Mande currículo a email@example.com o por correo a: KC Terminal Employees/ Guadalupe Center FCU 1015 Avenida Cesar E Chavez, Kansas City, MO 64108 ATT: Ismael Gallegos.