Upcoming MCUA Webinars
Back by popular demand, the Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) has webinars in April, May and June that you won't want to miss. Presented by Julie Schulte, director of Professional Development, all are one hour long (from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.) and only $149 per connection. Have your staff get the training they need without leaving the office. Here are the details:
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
2 – 3 PM
Member Service Excellence
- Describe how to make a positive first impression
- Identify techniques for building rapport with members
- Demonstrate guidelines for determining members needs
- Apply effective listening techniques
- Describe ways to interact effectively with members at peak times
- Identify effective ways to interact with angry members
- Demonstrate effective techniques for defusing anger
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
2 – 3PM
Give Em The Pickle
Give Em the Pickle is an engaging way to cover the most important thing credit unions can do - TAKE CARE OF THEIR MEMBERS! We are all in the people business! Our job is to make our members happy, and the best way to do that is to give out pickles!
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
2 -3 PM
Credit Union Orientation
- Identify and describe at least three principles that make credit unions unique among financial institutions.
- State the credit union motto.
- Explain the purpose of credit union state leagues, the Credit Union National Association, the CUNA Mutual Group, the World Council of Credit Unions, and the National Credit Union Administration.
- Briefly summarize how, when, and why credit unions began.
- Identify and describe the contributions of at least four credit union leaders.
- Briefly summarize how, when, and why your own credit union began.
- Describe the structure of your credit union and briefly explain the roles of the Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee, and Credit Committee (if applicable).
- Identify your credit union’s common bond and field of membership.
- Identify your credit union’s mission statement and at least three strategic objectives.
To register, just click on the links above. For questions contact Julie Schulte by email or call 800-392-3074, ext. 1321.