Kansas City Chapter Holds Annual Legislative Breakfast
The Kansas City Chapter of Credit Unions welcomed 11 lawmakers and staff to its annual legislative breakfast on September 19. The event allowed credit union advocates from credit unions across the region to meet and discuss credit union issues with Missouri lawmakers.
At the breakfast, each lawmaker was introduced and briefly spoke about their respective districts and legislative concerns. Justin Mouzoukos, president of the Kansas City Chapter, led the introductions.
“It’s important for lawmakers to recognize and know the credit union leaders in their own districts,” says Amy McLard, senior vice president of Advocacy for the Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA). “Credit union staff and advocates participated in lots of good discussions with lawmakers throughout the event, and that helps to build and reinforce those relationships.”
The following lawmakers and legislative staff attended the Kansas City Chapter legislative breakfast on Thursday, September 19.
- Sen. Will Kraus (R-District 8)
- Sen. Paul LeVota (D-District 11)
- Rep. Ira Anders (D-District 21)
- Rep. T.J. Berry (R-District 38)
- Rep. Wanda Brown (R-District 57)
- Rep. Jon Carpenter (D-District 15)
- Rep. Gail McCann Beatty (D-District 26)
- Rep. Judy Morgan (D-District 24)
- Rep. Shelia Solon (R-District 31)
- Rep. Jay Swearingen (D-District 18)
- Zack Brown, staff member for Congresswoman Vickie Hartzler (R-District 4)
St. Louis Chapter Reception
The St. Louis Chapter of Credit Unions is hosting a legislative reception for St. Louis area lawmakers on September 26, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Ameristar Casino in St. Charles. For more information, click here.