NCUA Offers FREE Webinar on Promoting Financial Literacy
Financial Literacy Month is upon us! To prepare for the month, the Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) encourages credit unions to attend the National Credit Union Administration's (NCUA) free webinar, “Financial Literacy: Putting Your Mission Into Action,” on April 3 at 2 p.m.
Kenneth Worthey, NCUA financial literacy and outreach analyst, will host the webinar that addresses how to promote financial literacy. It will cover the following topics:
- The link between credit unions and the credit union mission
- NCUA financial literacy resources
- Tips on building a successful financial literacy program based on credit union size and specialized member demographics
- Information about improving financial literacy efforts through the creation of key local and national financial partnerships
- The U.S. Treasury Department’s recent financial literacy pilot research program
Register for the webinar here.
The webinar will also feature Katie Bryan, Communications director of the Consumer Federation of America, Gigi Hyland, executive director of the National Credit Union Foundaiton, Gail Laster, director of NCUA's Office of Consumer Protection, and Louisa Quittman, director of Office of Financial Education, U.S. Department of Treasury.