MCUA's Shared Branch Video Debuts Nationally
The Shared Branch video created by the Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) in late 2013 is making waves nationally. Since debuting the 90-second clip, several other state leagues have asked to link to the MCUA video, which helps consumers understand how to use the Shared Branch Network. The video is currently being used in Vermont, Utah, New Jersey and Pennsylvania - to name a few. MCUA is even working with the Pennsylvania Credit Union Association to have the video translated in Ukrainian.
"We're happy to share the Shared Branch video because we want more members using this valuable service," says Mark Hohenstein, MCUA VP of the Credit Union Shared Branch Network. "I want to thank the Shared Branch Task Force for their support of this project."
The Shared Branch Task Force includes:
- Louie Delk, Conservation Employees'
- Chris McCreary, United Consumer
- Brandon Michaels, Mazuma
- Stan Moeckli, Electro Savings
- Dave Osborn, Anheuser-Busch Employees'
- Kathie Peterie, Metro
- Randy Yeck, Vantage
Share the Video with Your Members
- Feature the video on your website. Ask your IT or Marketing department to determine your website capabilities. A text link to the YouTube channel would be the simplest way to share this service with your members. The YouTube link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCQNmFEa7g
- Share the video on social media. Depending on which social media channels you use, your process will vary. Typically, you'll go to the photo/video section of your profile and select "Choose File" and locate the video you wish to upload from your computer. If you need assistance sharing a video, please contact Nora Holloway by email or call 800.392.3074, ext. 1349.
- Play the video in your lobby. Lobby programming is a great opportunity to educate members on your credit union's products and services. Burn a copy of the video to a disc or add it to your current programming lineup. For assistance with this, contact Brianna O'Hara by email or call 800.392.3074, ext. 1360.
- Send an email to your membership or include a video link in your member newsletter. Statistics show that consumers engage with video and find it useful in making decisions.
To view the video, visit MCUA's YouTube channel.