posted by Nora Holloway
on Sun, 07/13/2014 - 3:51pm
Credit unions in Missouri have until Thursday, July 31, 2014 to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF). Winners will be honored at NCUF’s annual awards dinner on March 9, 2015 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
The nominations are for the following awards:
- The Lifetime Achievement Award honors an individual who has dedicated their life to promoting the credit union philosophy, created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement.
- The Individual Achievement Award honors an unsung hero for their innovative concepts and/or accomplishments that are ongoing and current contributions to the credit union community for their work within the past three to five years. Accomplishments must have had a significant impact or a potential impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results. Nominations must cite a specific subject of achievement such as financial literacy, service to the underserved, alternatives to predatory lending and/or new products.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
“Don’t delay to nominate the finest individuals and organizations or programs for what are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement,” says Danielle Brown, NCUF director of Development and Donor Relations.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the NCUF website.
- Gather at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to NCUF by July 31, 2014.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Danielle Brown via email or 608.556.2406.