BSA Training is Coming Your Way
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training is coming your way in April. Credit unions are required to conduct BSA training annually, so register your staff and board members for custom sessions designed especially for them. The Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) is offering two separate BSA programs in St. Louis, Jefferson City, Springfield and Kansas City. One training is appropriate for credit union board members, the other is appropriate for all credit union employees. After this training session, attendees will:
- Better understand pertinent aspects of the BSA & Patriot Act
- Identify when to complete a Currency Transaction Report (CTR)
- Properly complete a CTR
- Identify structured transactions
- Identify situations when a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) must, or should, be completed
- Properly complete a SAR
- Identify what information must be obtained and retained for various services and products
- Know the recordkeeping and retention requirements of BSA and Patriot Act
Meet the Instructor - John Thomas, Esq.
Thomas joined the Missouri Credit Union Association in 2012 as the Vice President of Compliance and Advocacy. In this capacity, he manages the delivery of regulatory compliance services to credit unions, provides analysis of proposed legislation and regulations and ensures that all corporate legal needs are met. He is a member of The Missouri Bar and has an MBA degree in finance from Washington University and a JD from St. Louis University.
Click here to visit the Events Calendar and find your date and location.
- St. Louis - April 9-10
- Jefferson City - April 11-12
- Springfield - April 16-17
- Kansas City - April 19-20