Bankers are pushing anti-credit union and anti-MBL messages as we head towards a vote on S. 2231, the Credit Union Small Business Jobs Bill. They are trying to define who credit unions should serve and how credit unions should serve them.
Here’s just a sample of what banks are sending to Capitol Hill:
Since Monday, April 2:
150 Missouri credit union representatives have used the Grassroots Action Center to contact Missouri's U.S. Senators.
Don’t let banks define what credit unions can and cannot do. Make sure CREDIT UNIONS and the voices of your members are heard.
This week and next week are crucial. A vote is expected in the Senate when lawmakers return from their spring recess. TAKE ACTION TODAY!
WHO: Missouri Credit Union CEOs, Staff, Board and Members:
WHAT: Tell Missouri’s U.S. Senators "We Need Your Vote Supporting S. 2231 - The Credit Union Small Business Jobs Bill"
• Call toll free 1-877-642-4223
• Email them through the Grassroots Action Center
• Involve your small business members – ask them to share their personal small business stories
• Post the “call to action” on your credit union’s website and Facebook page
• Participate in an in-district visit
• Attend any local meeting opportunities with Senators – town halls, chamber meetings, etc.
• On Twitter, use #raiseMBLcap