2013 Wegner Award Nominations
Credit union supporters are encouraged to nominate individuals and organizations for the 25th Annual Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF). Winners will be honored at NCUF’s awards dinner on February 25, 2013, in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
“NCUF’s Wegner Awards turn 25 next year and the caliber of recipients over the years has been truly remarkable,” said Josie Collins, NCUF director of Donor Relations and Resource Development. “We encourage credit union supporters from every state to nominate their best and brightest as the awards are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement.”
Nominations need to be made by Friday, June 29, for the following awards:
- The Individual Achievement Award honors an unsung hero for innovative concepts and/or accomplishments that have made a significant impact on the national and/or international credit union movements within the past 10 years – or have a significant potential impact now. Nominations must cite a specific subject of achievement. Examples include financial literacy, service to the underserved, alternatives to predatory lending, and/or new products.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization or program for innovative concepts and/or products/services that have made a significant impact with measured results on the national and/or international credit union movements.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award honors an individual who has dedicated his/her life to promoting the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People.” This person must have created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has made a significant and lasting impact on the national and/or international credit union movements.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
1. Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the NCUF website.
2. Gather at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
3. Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to NCUF by June 29.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Josie Collins or (800) 356-9655, Ext. 4374.