Account Ownership: Registration Open
Take the confusion out of account openings and minimize the risks associated with incorrect account structuring. Join us in four cities for Account Ownership August 13-16.
Opening member accounts can be confusing. Ensure that your front-line staff is meeting regulatory compliance requirements and structuring accounts properly. Join the Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) for this informative one-day session. Objectives include:
- Overview of Account Ownership Types
- Key Definitions and Disclosures
- Individual Accounts, with and without Payable on Death Designations
- Joint Accounts, with and without Payable on Death Designations
- Minors as Account Owners
- Removing or Adding Account Owners - Special Considerations
- Powers of Attorney
- Missouri Transfer to Minor Law Account (MOTML)
- Estate Accounts
- Representative Payee Accounts
- Court Appointed Fiduciary Accounts
- Trust Accounts and Deceased Member Accounts
Meet the Instructor
John Thomas, Esq., MCUA
Thomas joined MCUA in 2012 as the Vice President of Compliance and Advocacy. In this capacity, he manages the delivery of regulatory compliance services to credit unions, provides analysis of proposed legislation and regulations and ensures that all corporate legal needs are satisfied. He is a member of The Missouri Bar and has an MBA in finance from Washington University and a JD from St. Louis University.
The educational investment is $149 per person. This fee includes material, speaker fees, breakfast and lunch.
Tiered Pricing Structure
2055 Craigshire Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63146
223 Madison St.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
6220 Blue Ridge Cut-Off Ste. 300
Kansas City, MO 64133
BluCurrent Credit Union
1770 W. Sunset
Springfield, MO 65807
8:30 a.m. Registration and breakfast
9 a.m. Session begins
Noon Lunch - provided
3 p.m. Session ends
Click here to register and learn more. Find the August calendar to choose your location.