You gave her five stars, and now MCUA is bringing back Celeste Cook to present the Lending School June 6-7 in St. Louis. Missouri credit union representatives raved about Cook's sessions during past Convention and Expositions, and she won't disappoint this summer. Cook is a nationally recognized speaker, trainer and consultant and the president/CEO of cuStrategies, LLC, which provides strategic planning services, consulting services and training programs to the credit union industry. Her dynamic and engaging speaking style have made her a popular and sought-after speaker in the credit union industry.
Cook has worked in the credit union industry for more than 20 years. She previously worked for a $1.6 billion credit union in Atlanta, Georgia, and worked as a consultant and trainer with Rex Johnson of Lending Solutions Consulting. Her training programs include lending, business development, leadership and sales and service. She will give Lending School attendees expertise, experience and proven strategies during the two-day conference. She will engage the room with passion and positive energy!
Agenda -Day One
• Explore a lending philosophy that can lead to more loan opportunities and better loan decisions
• Learn how to analyze a credit report to determine what is impacting score
– Discover which items are not included in the credit score
– Evaluate what can hurt or improve a score
• Discover how you can use the credit report to build member loyalty and capture more loan opportunities
• Gain knowledge of how credit scores are calculated
• Find the best approach to teaching your members how to improve their score
• Learn how to capture more loan opportunities with a “FREE credit score analysis”
• Discover the correct way to analyze risk factors in the credit report
• Understand the correct way to analyze a member’s total debt ratio
• Explore ways to engage your members and build stronger relationships
• Review and analyze (before and after) credit reports with credit scores that were increased through the credit score analysis process
Agenda - Day Two
• Determine the right approach to have when underwriting member loan applications
• Understand the guidelines for secured and unsecured lending
• Learn how to evaluate risks and make better loan decisions
• Find out how to underwrite higher-risk loans
• Discover the predictors of bankruptcy
• Determine the best approach to close your loans
• Put into practice your knowledge to help your members and make better loan decisions (Classroom Exercise: Analyze credit reports to determine credit score and identify risk factors to make better loan decisions)
Click here to register and learn more.